Under the act, DTS is required to state our compliance on our web site, so here it goes….
In accordance with section 122T(4) of the Copyright Act (“the Act”) DTS confirms that it has complied with section 122T of the Act for the period 1 October 2011 to 30 September 2012. In particular DTS has:
- In accordance with section 122T(1) has retained, for a minimum of 40 days, information on the allocation of IP addresses to each account holder; (we only provide static IP’s anyway, so this is a little obvious)
- In accordance with section 122T(2) has retained for a minimum of 12 months the following information:
- All information about infringements that was sent by rights owners to DTS for the purpose of matching infringements to account holders (easily done, as none were received); and
- All infringement notices issues to account holders (none sent); and
- All challenges to infringement notices and all responds to them (again…none of these) and
- Information on cancelled and expired infringement notices (one more time – none of these exist).
- In accordance with section 122T(3) DTS confirms that it has not released the name or contact details of an account holder unless authorised to do so by the account holder and/or Tribunal. In fact, we haven’t released any names or contact details at all.
We look forward to doing this again next year.